If you have missing teeth and feel self-conscious about the way they look, you are not alone. Millions of Americans are missing at least one tooth, and some are missing them all. When it comes to replacement options, you have several. At National Dental, we want you to understand the benefits of opting for dental implants over dentures.
Dentures Compared to Implants
Dentures can be used to replace missing teeth, although they do nothing to preserve the jawbone. Because they are removable, they may also move or slip out while you are in public. Eating certain foods is difficult with dentures and cleaning them can also be problematic. Many opt for them because they are the more affordable option, but the reality is that one of the major dental implant benefits is their low long-term cost.
In contrast, dental implants are secured in the jaw and are made of titanium. Some of the benefits include:
• Teeth that look, function and feel completely natural
• Implants can be matched to remaining teeth for a more natural look
• Titanium rods placed in the jawbone stimulate growth and stop the bone from crumbling
• If they are placed correctly, implants can last a lifetime
• Care is easy, simply brush twice a day, floss once a day and get an exam and professional cleaning every six months
• Long-term costs are lower because implants rarely need to be replaced
There are so many benefits to dental implants, and while dentures are a viable option for those who need them, implants are the more cost-effective, comfortable, natural long-term solution to missing teeth. An investment in implants is one that can last a lifetime.
Give Us a Call
If you have missing teeth and want to explore your options, call us today. We are happy to schedule an appointment for you with our dentists in Melville, NY to determine what is best for you.